Two of the more baffling China op-eds were published in the same week as the GOP field (minus Jon Huntsman, of course) demonstrated that they have limited knowledge of China. Stan Abrams, lawyer and China Hearsay Blogger, joins China Policy Pod for a delightfully snarky podcast. You can read China Hearsay and follow Stan on Twitter.
Also, a big thank you to Patrick Boehler, a journalism student in HK who generously offered to edit the podcast while the regular editor is on maternity leave. You can follow him on Twitter @MrBaoPanrui
Related Articles by Stan:
- Selling Out Taiwan. What a Bargain.
- Obama and GOP United on (Hypocritical) China Policy
- US Engages in De Minimis China Bashing. Apparently, It’s Still Working.
Articles Discussed on the Pod:
- Is Huntsman Fluent in Chinese (Slate)
- To Save Our Economy, Ditch Taiwan (NY Times op-ed)
- Romney Talks Tough on China in GOP Debate (WSJ Real Time Report)
- Does Michele Bachmann Want the US to be more like China? (Slate)
- Republicans Show Stunning Ignorance of China in South Carolina Debate (Daily Beast)